Returning Member

Joseph Hochadel

Mar 19, 2022, 4:25:43 PM3/19/22
to Dayton ARea Thermal Soarers
Hi Folks,

Joe Hochadel here.  I've sent an application & dues to rejoin the club.  Of course I sent it to Dave Wrinkle (per the DARTS website)  He has since passed it on to Mike Brinson and I supposes that I'll hear from him in the near future.

The website appears to have no current information, consequently, I have questions:
1)  What are the current flying sites for the DARTS.
2)  Are keys/passwords, etc. . . needed to gain access to said sites?
3)  Is there a schedule of NO-FLY days?
4)  Where can I find contest schedules, both local and contests close enough to travel for the weekend?
5)  When & where are meetings held.
6)  My interests are TD & Slope

I'm located in Beavercreek, OH & looking forward to restarting my participation in various forms of soaring this year.

Thanks for any help you may have to offer!

Best regards,
Joseph A. Hochadel
AMA #643654
LSF #7737

Joseph Hochadel

Mar 19, 2022, 4:47:44 PM3/19/22
to Dayton ARea Thermal Soarers
Well I found the joint MOSS/DARTS calendar & added it to my google calendar.  That's one item off the list!  :-)

Jeff Huntsman

Mar 21, 2022, 9:24:08 AM3/21/22
to dayton...@googlegroups.com

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/daytonsoaring/04bff04c-60ba-407d-ad9d-70e8834661fbn%40googlegroups.com
.

Jeff Huntsman

Mar 21, 2022, 3:50:15 PM3/21/22
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
Do you have Facebook?
We do have information there as well…

Joseph Hochadel

Mar 22, 2022, 12:49:23 PM3/22/22
to Dayton ARea Thermal Soarers
I do and I found & joined the group there.  Thanks!

I'm looking to get involved in F5J/ALES competition in addition to winch launched soaring.

Jeff Huntsman

Mar 22, 2022, 3:31:35 PM3/22/22
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
Truthfully winch is not so popular but we do have a few mixed launch dates.

We also go down to Harrison Ohio and fly a few times a year.