pip install sphinx-icon to keep `make html` working

Philip Durbin

May 16, 2022, 4:56:16 PM5/16/22
to datave...@googlegroups.com
Dear developers,

We just merged https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/pull/8647 and you should expect the following error when you run `make html`:

Could not import extension sphinxcontrib.icon (exception: No module named 'sphinxcontrib.icon')

The fix is to pip install sphinx-icon. It's included in requirements.txt so the following workflow (also added to the dev guide in that pull request) should work:

cd doc/sphinx-guides

Create a Python virtual environment, activate it, then install dependencies:

python3 -m venv venv

source venv/bin/activate

pip install -r requirements.txt

Please keep those docs coming!

Phil

Don Sizemore

May 16, 2022, 6:38:46 PM5/16/22
to datave...@googlegroups.com
Note that sphinx-icon requires Python 3.6.9+ (I bumped our Jenkins nodes to 3.9)

Don