Question about adding external tools

Agnes Cameron

Sep 18, 2020, 1:44:11 PM9/18/20
to Dataverse Dev

Hi there --

I just wanted to confirm something about adding external tools to existing dataverses. Am I right in thinking that you need to be the server admin of a whole Dataverse instance, not just the admin of an individual dataverse within that instance to install an external tool? e.g. if I were the admin of a dataverse that exists on dataverse.harvard.edu, I would not be able to install an external tool on it that wasn't part of it?

Thanks!

Agnes

Philip Durbin

Sep 18, 2020, 1:48:30 PM9/18/20
to datave...@googlegroups.com
Hi Agnes,

Yes, that's correct, external tools are installation-wide so they have to be installed by the admin of the whole installation. (It's done with a "curl" command after ssh'ing into the server.)

I hope this helps,

Phil

Hiteshkumar Solanki, Scientist-C(CS)

Sep 18, 2020, 1:50:42 PM9/18/20
to datave...@googlegroups.com
Dear Agnes,
I am trying to install the dataverse to set up a National Research Data Repository for India. I will be the server admin for this repository.

With Regards.

Hitesh Solanki
Scientist-C (CS)
INFLIBNET Centre, Gandhinagar
An Inter University Centre of University Grants Commission
Infocity, Gandhinagar - 382007. Gujarat, INDIA.
ORCID: 0000-0001-6151-7538