Customization of sub-dataverse - need for second logo image

Philipp at UiT

Sep 25, 2018, 1:41:04 AM9/25/18
to Dataverse Users Community
In some cases, we'd like to promote another logo on the front page of a sub-dataverse. In our TROLLing archive, e.g., we'd like to add the logo of CLARIN, which we collaborate with. I have fixed this by combining the CLARIN logo within the TROLLing logo into one logo:

TROLLing_home.png

However, this rather large logo looks somewhat strange in the featured dataverse view in the parent dataverse:

TROLLing_featured.png

Since there is a lot of white space in the logo section of sub-dataverses, we'd like to be able to upload two logo images in the Theme section:

TROLLing_theme_and_widget.png

One would be the primary logo, which would be displayed on the front page of the sub-dataverse as well as in the featured dataverse view in the parent dataverse, and the other would be a secondary logo, which would only be displayed on the front page of the sub-dataverse.

Best,
Philipp

Philip Durbin

Sep 27, 2018, 8:15:12 PM9/27/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Philipp, it's not a bad idea but I wonder how many dataverses you have like this that need special treatment in terms of logos. You might want to take a look at the discussion at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/4917

Philipp at UiT