displaying Application terms of use

Jamie Jamison

Oct 21, 2022, 5:23:17 PM10/21/22
to Dataverse Users Community
Is there a way to display the application terms of use?  I know it is displayed during account creation or logging in the first time.

Thanks,

Jamie Jamison
UCLA Dataverse

Sherry Lake

Oct 22, 2022, 2:02:44 PM10/22/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
HI Jamie,

Our Terms are on a web page (thus has a link). I have added "Terms of Use" link to the :FooterCopyright setting.

curl -X PUT -d ", by the Rector and Visitors of the University of Virginia | <a href="http://www.library.virginia.edu/libra/terms-of-use/">Terms of Use</a>" http://localhost:8080/api/admin/settings/:FooterCopyright

I also include that link on our home page and main collection page - via the Dataverse Collection "Tagline/website" in the collections' theme.

--
Sherry Lake

Philip Durbin

Nov 23, 2022, 11:41:06 AM11/23/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Jamie, I'm not sure if this helps but when Harvard Dataverse made a minor change to application terms of use, we used a banner to notify people (and store the "bannerDismissalTime" in the database): https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/7263