DOI reservation error message

meghan.good...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2022, 8:59:13 AM9/27/22
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi there everyone,

Recently, we received a question from a member of our community who saw warning on their recently created draft dataset:  "Please do not share this DOI until it has been reserved."
Our systems team found that 7 draft datasets in total had issues with DOI reservation for datasets created over the past 18 months.

We ran the reserve PID API successfully as outlined here: https://guides.dataverse.org/en/latest/api/native-api.html#reserve-a-pid

We're not sure if this is related, but someone else received an error message on publishing a dataset with DOI with the error message "dataset X could not be published due to a failure to register, or update the Global Identifier for the dataset or one of the files in it." This dataset was published without issue later.

We're just wondering if anyone else has had glitches with DOI reservation or publishing? Does anyone have any insight into what might be happening?

We're on version 5.8.3 and use DataCite Canada DOI registration

Thanks,
Meghan
Borealis, the Canadian Dataverse Repository

Philip Durbin

Nov 7, 2022, 9:40:44 AM11/7/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Meghan,

Sorry for the slow reply. I hope by now you've gotten some help elsewhere.

On that page you'll see a lock called "finalizePublication" mentioned. You might need to clear this lock to publish your dataset.

Others probably have more insight on this but I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Phil