Missing launch year for Dataverse installations

Sherry Lake

Apr 9, 2020, 11:07:06 AM4/9/20
to Dataverse Users Community
Hello Dataverse Land,

We are trying to fill in the blanks for launch years for the various Dataverse installations. Either take a look at the crowdsources spreadsheet, or the image below to see if we are missing your year. The crowdsourced google doc is editable by all, so please add missing information there.

P.S. I did add TDR and AUSSDA Dataverse to the crowdsourced sheet. It will appear in the installation map once the update program is run.

Thanks,
Sherry Lake

Dataverse_Installations_Around_the_World_The_Dataverse_Project_-Dataverse org-_2020-02-27_05 52 12

Ilaria Belvedere

Jun 2, 2022, 9:23:03 AM6/2/22
to Dataverse Users Community
Hello,

I noticed the blank spaces too. Is it possible to fill them as an external user (not affiliated with any of these institutions) if the information is found online (official sources of course)?
Thanks,

Ilaria

Philip Durbin

Jun 2, 2022, 9:50:06 AM6/2/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Yes! Thanks for resuscitating this thread! I still want all the launch years. And a graph of installations over time. And maybe a second graph of installations by year.

Yes, if you figure out the launch year for an installation you can just open an issue at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse-installations/issues and to let us know. You can avoid the issue template by clicking "open a blank issue" or by going directly to https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse-installations/issues/new

You can just type something like "launch year for xxxx is 2019" or whatever. We appreciate the help!

Thanks,

Phil

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ilaria Belvedere

Jun 2, 2022, 10:34:29 AM6/2/22
to Dataverse Users Community
*Deleted the previous comments because of my grammar mistakes* :D

I did it now for Dataverse UNIMI, if I find something else I'll comment again (should I create a new issue for every missing information)?
P.s. What about Harvard Dataverse?
P.p.s Does Botswana Harvard Data still exist? It seems to me it has its own Dataverse inside Harvard Dataverse, but I can't seem to find their institutional installation.

Thank you,
Ilaria

Philip Durbin

Jun 2, 2022, 10:44:17 AM6/2/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Yes, a new issue for each piece of missing information would be great. Thanks!

I'm not sure about Botswana Harvard Data.

Let me ask around about Harvard Dataverse. Thanks!

Ilaria Belvedere

Jun 2, 2022, 11:06:48 AM6/2/22
to Dataverse Users Community
Thanks, about Harvard it should be 2015 from what I can read here: https://dataverse.org/files/dataverseorg/files/introduction_to_dataverse.pdf.

Philip Durbin

Jun 2, 2022, 1:57:16 PM6/2/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Heh. I appreciate all the research! Here, I just created this issue where folks who are interested can debate how far back Harvard Dataverse goes: https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse-installations/issues/123

Ilaria Belvedere

Jun 2, 2022, 2:12:34 PM6/2/22
to Dataverse Users Community
Thank you very much :)

Ilaria Belvedere

Jun 4, 2022, 12:46:26 PM6/4/22
to Dataverse Users Community
Created several issues, I hope to find the ones missing ASAP.
Best wishes,

Ilaria

Philip Durbin

Jun 6, 2022, 5:35:50 PM6/6/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Good news!

Over the weekend, Ilaria and I researched the missing launch dates for 30 installations (this takes more time than you'd imagine) and plugged them into the map. Thanks, Ilaria!!

I also created a couple charts (attached) that show:

- Dataverse Installations by Year
- Dataverse Installations Over Time

These are updated automatically when we add new installations, and you can see them at https://iqss.github.io/dataverse-installations/charts.html

Obviously, if we got the date wrong for your installation, please let us know!

Thanks!

Phil

p.s. I haven't linked that new "charts.html" page anywhere yet. If you're interested in this stuff, please check out https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse-installations/issues/7

by-year-and-over-time.png