Explore data with tworavens generate invalid json error

Skip to the first unread message

Michel Bamouni

8 Oct 2018, 08:27:4708/10/2018
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi,

I successfully install tworavens but when i clic on "explore" button in dataverse, in tworavens gui, I get the message "Error: Could not parse incoming JSON."I need to click on "Ok" to get the plots display.
When I view the detail call stack, it's seems that the call {my dataverse publique url}/custom/dataapp fails and return the result :

"
<title>500 Internal Server Error</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Internal Server Error</h1>
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
your request.</p>
 root@localhost to inform them of the time this error occurred,
 and the actions you performed just before this error.</p>
in the server error log.</p>
"

For information, after installing tworavens, I set "dataurl" and "rappurl" with my dataverse publique url.

Is it a way to solve this proble?

Best regards,

Michel

Michel Bamouni

8 Oct 2018, 09:02:4708/10/2018
to Dataverse Users Community
I also see that this call vocation is to get sessionId. So can I comment it if there is no solution?

Michel

Don Sizemore

8 Oct 2018, 09:15:3708/10/2018
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

For a 500 error you definitely want to check the server log.
Time was, TwoRavens couldn't view unpublished/restricted files but I think you can now if you pass an API token.
Is this dataset public, and would you be willing to share a link, privately if you like?

Donald

Michel Bamouni

8 Oct 2018, 09:50:0008/10/2018
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Donald,

I get this error systemacally on any published dataset. I set the error 500 in firefox debug mode. I don't see anything on glassfish server log.
What is this purpose of the call {my dataverse publique url}/custom/dataapp in dataexplore/app_ddi.js file in tworavens

it's this function :
 // Make the actual CORS request.
1958 function makeCorsRequest(url,btn,callback, warningcallback, jsonstring) {
1959     var xhr = createCORSRequest('POST', url);
1960     if (!xhr) {
1961         alert('CORS not supported');
1962         return;
1963     }
1964     // Response handlers for asynchronous load
1965     // onload or onreadystatechange?
1966
1967     xhr.onload = function() {
1968
1969       var text = xhr.responseText;
1970       console.log("text ", text);
1971
1972         try {
1973             var json = JSON.parse(text);   // should wrap in try / catch
1974             var names = Object.keys(json);
1975         }
1976         catch(err) {
1977             estimateLadda.stop();
1978             selectLadda.stop();
1979             console.log(err);
1980             alert('Error: Could not parse incoming JSON.');
1981         }
1982
1983       if (names[0] == "warning"){
1984         warningcallback(btn);
1985         alert("Warning: " + json.warning);
1986       }else{
1987         callback(btn, json);
1988       }
1989     }

On the left side , the line number in js file.

regards,

Michel

Michel Bamouni

19 Oct 2018, 07:57:1519/10/2018
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi,

I solved my problem.
This error is due to an invalid configuration of custom directory path in R files.

regards,

Michel

Philip Durbin

19 Oct 2018, 08:16:0819/10/2018
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
I'm glad you figured it out! Thanks for letting us know.