Problem with the icon of geo file

Thanh Thanh Le

Jul 25, 2018, 9:56:18 AM7/25/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi all,

I use dataverse 4.8.6 with a local geoconnect.
I managed to make it work in general. I have now all the related button (Preview, Explore).
But the icon of the file is not viewed as it must be, cf. following photo. Someone has an idea how to make it works please ?
Thx in advanced,

Thanh Thanh

Worldmap_Icon_Problem.PNG

Philip Durbin

Jul 25, 2018, 4:55:52 PM7/25/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I just want to make sure I understand the bug report. You're saying that you made a map using Geoconnect and WorldMap and your expectation is that within Dataverse a thumbnail of the map should appear for each file? Is that right? I'm sorry if I misunderstand.

Thanks,

Phil

Thanh Thanh Le

Jul 26, 2018, 2:39:42 AM7/26/18
to Dataverse Users Community

Hi Phillip,

You're totally right about what I means. I suppose that we'll have a thumbnail of the map for each file within dataverse after mapping the file, as I tried here

But in my case, I have the standard thumbnail as in the photo I attach in previous post. You know how to fix it ?

Thanks !!!

Thanh Thanh

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 9:56 AM, Thanh Thanh Le <lethithan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I use dataverse 4.8.6 with a local geoconnect.
I managed to make it work in general. I have now all the related button (Preview, Explore).
But the icon of the file is not viewed as it must be, cf. following photo. Someone has an idea how to make it works please ?
Thx in advanced,

Thanh Thanh

Philip Durbin

Jul 26, 2018, 8:33:03 AM7/26/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, I don't have any ideas on how to fix it. Can you please open an issue at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues about the problem?

Maybe someone else on this list will have some troubleshooting tips for you. I'm glad to hear it's mostly working but it's a bummer that you aren't seeing thumbnails for the maps in Dataverse.

Thanks,

Phil