Turning installation to read-only access

Philipp Conzett

Mar 20, 2023, 8:37:45 AM3/20/23
to Dataverse Users Community
We'll soon be migrating our Dataverse installtion to cloud infrastructure. As part of this work, we need to turn our installation into read access only while we are migrating. Can this be achieved covering both interaction through the GUI and the API?

Thanks for your input!
Philipp

Don Sizemore

Mar 20, 2023, 9:10:31 AM3/20/23
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Philipp,

I've always accomplished this by simply stopping Glassfish/Payara and serving a maintenance page during the migration. I welcome a better solution.

Don

Sebastian Karcher

Mar 20, 2023, 9:26:21 AM3/20/23
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
> I've always accomplished this by simply stopping Glassfish/Payara and serving a maintenance page during the migration. I welcome a better solution.

Same here.

--
Sebastian Karcher, PhD
www.sebastiankarcher.com

paul...@dans.knaw.nl

Mar 22, 2023, 6:35:11 AM3/22/23
to Dataverse Users Community
We also use a maintenance page, however If you could disable login from the outside and disable most of the API endpoints you should close to 'read-only'.

Don Sizemore

Mar 22, 2023, 7:21:22 AM3/22/23
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Paul,

This is indeed "close to" but won't completely disable writes to the database - download/guestbookresponse entries, actionlogrecord, and possibly others may still get lost during the migration.

Thank you,
Don

Philipp Conzett

Mar 23, 2023, 4:03:35 AM3/23/23