Guestbook question: unique identifier for a specific download

kru...@povertyactionlab.org

Mar 4, 2019, 5:52:10 PM3/4/19
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi,

I manage the JPAL Dataverse and we're looking into who are using our dataset and what people download. Is there a way that I can obtain a unique identifier of a specific download (i.e. a time stamp)? I collapse our data but I end up underreporting the number of downloads because collapsing by file id and username (or email) would not work since some people would just put "guest" sometimes. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Karl

Philip Durbin

Mar 4, 2019, 7:43:32 PM3/4/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karl,

A "responsetime" timestamp is one of the columns in the "guestbookresponse" database table, so the data should be there. Here how that table looks (screenshot attached): http://phoenix.dataverse.org/schemaspy/latest/tables/guestbookresponse.html

It looks like JPAL is hosted with Harvard Dataverse rather than one of the other 38 installations of Dataverse so you might want to ask at sup...@dataverse.harvard.edu

I'm a little surprised that the timestamp isn't included in the CSV report you can download from the guestbook but I haven't looked myself. If it's missing, please feel free to open an issue about this at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues

I hope this helps,

Phil

Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 7.39.42 PM.png

Karl Rubio

Mar 5, 2019, 1:19:26 PM3/5/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for these suggestions! I will reach out to support at Dataverse.

Karl Rubio
Research Associate
858-220-0112 | Skype: karl_rubio
Stay informed: Facebook | Twitter | Newsletters