2020-09 Dataverse Community News

Philip Durbin

Oct 1, 2020, 3:54:46 PM10/1/20
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Here's what's top of mind for September 2020:

* Fundação Oswaldo Cruz (FIOCRUZ) launched their installation of Dataverse, the 7th in Brazil: https://dadosdepesquisa.fiocruz.br
* Arizona State University Library Research Data Repository launched as the 62nd installation of Dataverse: https://dataverse.asu.edu
* Social Sciences and Humanities Open Cloud (SSHOC) gave a webinar about Dataverse requirements from Digital Research Infrastructure for the Arts and Humanities (DARIAH): https://sshopencloud.eu/sshoc-webinar-dariah-community-requirements-dataverse-repository
* Slava Tykhonov gave a talk about Dataverse being at the heart of CoronaWhy infrastructure (44:00): https://twitter.com/4tykhonov/status/1300859945575944192
* For the month of October, Dataverse is participating in Hacktoberfest: https://groups.google.com/g/dataverse-community/c/P8A_32yfpvE/m/r0EMCJGRAQAJ
* The 2020-09-08 Dataverse Community Call was about metrics, BagIt import, external requests for data, migrating datasets between Dataverse installations, GDCC working groups, and more: https://docs.google.com/document/d/125BiVNJ-dmHRef0oOYfNc7vXOgQ0IupqKaeaPNwWkl0/edit?usp=sharing
* The 2020-09-22 Dataverse Community Call was about 5.1 plans, Hacktoberfest, Geoserver, Kubernetes, Bagit, and more: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nK59GBfdSbB1OjDimVBK_D_8spUj815ZmJQ_X8PYbOM/edit?usp=sharing

If you have any news to add or comments to make, please simply reply to this email!

Thanks!

Phil

p.s. If you would like to add to next month's community news update, please leave comments at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mhFUFxXOTguaFEyrLS7XV4hTjj3r43YO2Rwu-jlEFpE/edit?usp=sharing

For last month's Dataverse Community News, please see https://groups.google.com/g/dataverse-community/c/YA4rCFQrfkw/m/3K1FNDXqCwAJ

For more background on these Dataverse Community News posts, please check out the README at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PtUHfBnu1gnjpZ1Uu7sEEWjW9QWAK2S9K62DbPaPHCQ/edit?usp=sharing

Crosas, Mercè

Oct 1, 2020, 5:39:52 PM10/1/20
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Phil.

Also, Dataverse + OpenDP  were featured at the recent Red Hat Research Day on Privacy - James Honaker and I gave a talk and were part of a panel discussion:

https://scholar.harvard.edu/mercecrosas/presentations/dataverse-and-opendp-tools-privacy-protective-analysis-cloud

--
Mercè Crosas, Ph.D.
University Research Data Management Officer, Harvard University Information Technology

Vyacheslav Tikhonov

Oct 2, 2020, 5:27:16 PM10/2/20
to Dataverse Users Community
Thanks, Phil!

Just an announcement: I'm going to do another presentation about CoronaWhy Knowlege Graph for Semantic Web Health Care and Life Sciences Community Group (11:10am Boston time, Tuesday Oct 6)

Dataverse has a central role there, "the heart of our infrastructure", so everybody is welcome to join!

Cheers,
Slava