NoClassDefFound after upgrading from dataverse 4.9.1 to dataverse 4.9.4

Michel Bamouni

Nov 21, 2018, 4:55:01 AM11/21/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi,

After upgrading my dataverse 4.9.1 to 4.94, When I try to create, visualize a dataset, I have the error "Internal Server Error ".
I the server.log, I see that the root cause is:
 StandardWrapperValve[Faces Servlet]: Servlet.service() for servlet Faces Servlet threw exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class edu.harvard.iq.dataverse.provenance.ProvInvestigator

Does someone already have this error when upgrading to 4.9.4?

Best regards,

Michel

Philip Durbin

Nov 21, 2018, 7:06:18 AM11/21/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hmm. Are you able to reproduce this issue on https://demo.dataverse.org ?

Michel Bamouni

Nov 21, 2018, 7:33:00 AM11/21/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Phil,

I don't have this error on dataverse demo.

Regards,

Michel

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 4:55 AM Michel Bamouni <olimi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

After upgrading my dataverse 4.9.1 to 4.94, When I try to create, visualize a dataset, I have the error "Internal Server Error ".
I the server.log, I see that the root cause is:
 StandardWrapperValve[Faces Servlet]: Servlet.service() for servlet Faces Servlet threw exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class edu.harvard.iq.dataverse.provenance.ProvInvestigator

Does someone already have this error when upgrading to 4.9.4?

Best regards,

Michel

Philip Durbin

Nov 21, 2018, 7:48:18 AM11/21/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Ok, can you please open a support ticket by emailing sup...@dataverse.org? Please note that tomorrow is Thanksgiving and the day after is a holiday as well.

We'll try to remember to summarize the solution to the Google Group. If you could provide detailed steps of how to reproduce the problem and a copy of your server.log file it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Phil

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 7:33 AM Michel Bamouni <olimi...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Sherry Lake

Nov 21, 2018, 8:07:24 AM11/21/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Just out of curiosity, did you update all the incremental versions on the way to 4.9.4 (update to 4.9.2 & then 4.9.3)?

Did you test between each upgrade? That’s what we do as we step through multiple updates.

Sherry Lake

Michel Bamouni

Nov 21, 2018, 9:25:07 AM11/21/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Sherry,

I merged the steps to upgrade from  4.9.1 to 4.9.3 and the steps from 4.9.2 to 4.9.3 in one procedure.
After this, I followed the differents steps ans I deployed the 4.9.4 war.

In addition, Sherry did you upgrade to 4.9.4? If true, does 4.9.4 work for you?

Regards,

Michel

Le mercredi 21 novembre 2018 14:07:24 UTC+1, Sherry Lake a écrit :
[...]

Sherry Lake

Nov 21, 2018, 9:34:52 AM11/21/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

Not yet. We are planning upgrading, from 4.8.4, 1st week in December.

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 9:25 AM Michel Bamouni <olimi...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Juan López

Sep 29, 2020, 9:34:14 AM9/29/20
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi!

I'm having the same error thrown in my dataverse ... the only difference is that we didn't update our dataverse, it just stopped working out of nowhere.

Did you find a solution for this issue?

Best regards,

Juan

Philip Durbin

Oct 1, 2020, 1:46:09 PM10/1/20
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Juan,

I'm assuming you're part of the installation at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/7270

I just left a brief comment there. I'm sorry to hear you're having so much trouble.

Phil