Dataset Permission Confusing Info

Sherry Lake

Oct 17, 2019, 3:50:10 PM10/17/19
to Dataverse Users Community
The following screenshot is from clicking "Edit - Permissions - Dataset" from a dataset page (Draft).

Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 10.46.06 AM.png

One of my researchers was concerned when they saw "Anyone with a Dataverse account". Then looking closer, I see the word "dataverse" (see the red line/box) in a couple of places.

But this is a "Dataset permission" page where I would only expect to see who has permission for this ONE dataset. ":authenticated-users" do not have any access to this dataset and would not expect to see it in the table.

Should this Dataverse permission be showing here for this dataset?

Thanks for reading.
Sherry Lake
UVA - LibraData

Sonia Barbosa

Oct 17, 2019, 4:04:37 PM10/17/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Just an FYI that I have replied to Sherry, and will share that here shortly.
For security purposes, I replied to Sherry separately.

Durand, Gustavo

Oct 17, 2019, 4:25:09 PM10/17/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
OK. Also do note this has already been opened as a Github issue:

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 4:04 PM Sonia Barbosa <soni...@gmail.com> wrote:
Just an FYI that I have replied to Sherry, and will share that here shortly.
For security purposes, I replied to Sherry separately.

Sherry Lake

Oct 17, 2019, 4:35:07 PM10/17/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Gustavo,

I did search github, but of course, wasn't using the correct "words".

--
Sherry