Search text case sensitive "text french"

Fairouz OUBENALI

Jun 6, 2017, 5:30:12 AM6/6/17
to Dataverse Users Community

Hello,
In schema.xml Solr configuration the fields types are in text_en

If you get the case of text in url,
https://dataverse.harvard.edu/dataverse/harvard?q=l%27alphab%C3%A9tisation
if you use "l'alphabétisation" and "alphabétisation", you not get the same result

How I can add the configuration of  text_fr in schema.xml Solr configuration to ignore the accents and the characters <l', d'... > ?

Regards
Fairouz

Philip Durbin

Jun 6, 2017, 5:54:18 AM6/6/17
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure but I believe you could just change "text_en" to "text_fr" in schema.xml. You'd need to reindex Dataverse: http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.6.2/installation/administration.html#solr-search-index

If it doesn't work, you can switch it back and reindex again.

I hope this helps,

Phil

Fairouz OUBENALI

Jun 7, 2017, 3:42:13 AM6/7/17
to Dataverse Users Community, philip...@harvard.edu
Hii Philip
Thanks it work :)
I just add  in text_en to fieldType name="text_en"

<analyzer type="index">
<!-- insensitive accent-->
<charFilter class="solr.MappingCharFilterFactory"  mapping="mapping-FoldToASCII.txt"/>
</analyzer>

<analyzer type="query">
<!-- insensitive accent-->
<charFilter class="solr.MappingCharFilterFactory"  mapping="mapping-FoldToASCII.txt"/>
</analyzer>

and reindex data

Thanks
Fairouz

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 5:30 AM, Fairouz OUBENALI <fairouz....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,
In schema.xml Solr configuration the fields types are in text_en

If you get the case of text in url,
https://dataverse.harvard.edu/dataverse/harvard?q=l%27alphab%C3%A9tisation
if you use "l'alphabétisation" and "alphabétisation", you not get the same result

How I can add the configuration of  text_fr in schema.xml Solr configuration to ignore the accents and the characters <l', d'... > ?

Regards
Fairouz

Philip Durbin

Jun 7, 2017, 5:56:22 AM6/7/17
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fairouz,

I'm glad that worked for you. I did a tiny bit of thinking about this problem at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/818#issuecomment-52184409 but it was pure speculation. I'm glad you're getting better results. If you run in this mode for a while and like it and thinks we should document it in the Installation Guide, please feel free to create a GitHub issue and/or pull request.

Thanks!

Phil