Anyone using Dataverse with EZProxy?

Stephen Marks

Aug 27, 2014, 2:11:22 PM8/27/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi all--

We are troubleshooting an issue here, and I just thought I'd throw it out to check -- are any of the numerous people using IP address authentication within Dataverse also using EZproxy? We are having some issues with users being able to access the analytics and other general wonkiness when they are going through the proxy.

Thanks!

Steve

Condon, Kevin

Aug 27, 2014, 2:30:51 PM8/27/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com

We are using EZ Proxy here. One thing we've found is IceFaces/ Ajax functionality was not being passed through by EZ Proxy, so we needed to add a rule to their config:

As a result of the Ajax partial submit technology we are
using and the default config for EZ Proxy not handling this:

³With the advent of AJAX technology, applications running in browsers may
now create and use their own custom headers to pass information to web
applications. Since these custom headers are unknown to EZproxy, it
blocks them, which can prevent the application from working properly. The
HTTPHeader directive can be used to authorize the passing of custom
headers.²

So, you will need the header name to add to your ezproxy configuration

The header name is "Faces-Request". As in, "Faces-Request: partial/ajax".

Stephen Marks

Aug 27, 2014, 2:42:16 PM8/27/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! We'll give this a shot and report back.

Stephen Marks

Sep 3, 2014, 1:13:24 PM9/3/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
As the world turns, so too do we eventually come back around to write the responses we said we would write.....

This worked great. Thank you!