dataverse approval member and dataset curation

AfandiSjaeful

May 28, 2019, 10:09:05 PM5/28/19
to Dataverse Users Community
I using dataverse 4.14.I have question about dataverse.

1. Does the dataverse have a tool to find out if the dataset has been curated?
2. Does the dataverse have a form for approval of users becoming members?

Philip Durbin

May 28, 2019, 10:17:22 PM5/28/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sjaeful!

There is no tool to find out if a dataset has been curated but you could establish a workflow whereby dataset creators to not have permission to publish and instead curators publish the dataset after they have examined it. The author sees a button called "Submit for Review" and the curator can either click "Return to Author" or "Publish". Please see http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.14/user/dataset-management.html#submit-for-review

There is no builtin form for approval of users become members but you might want to read about what NTU has done at with a custom signup form at https://groups.google.com/d/msg/dataverse-community/EXApk46Jm2I/4xE4YsNYAwAJ

I hope this helps!

Phil

Jonathan Crabtree

May 28, 2019, 11:21:36 PM5/28/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Our group at Odum is collaborating to build an open source external tool for this currently

We are build a group to help define the requirements

We would be happy to talk more about this

Several groups will be talking about this during the meeting in Boston next month

Jon

I using dataverse 4.14.I have question about dataverse.

1. Does the dataverse have a tool to find out if the dataset has been curated?
2. Does the dataverse have a form for approval of users becoming members?

AfandiSjaeful

May 28, 2019, 11:24:13 PM5/28/19
to Dataverse Users Community
next question....