Community Call Tomorrow (5/8)

danny...@g.harvard.edu

May 7, 2018, 11:08:43 PM5/7/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi everyone,

We'll have our usual call tomorrow at Noon EDT. Call in details:

See you soon!

- Danny and the Dataverse Team

Philip Durbin

May 13, 2018, 10:32:44 PM5/13/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Here are the notes from https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cQ6c2FKxzZ8vCcMRvecKwiN9oCZ1MGhlZEHgO-owKWE/edit?usp=sharing

2018-05-08 Dataverse Community Call

Agenda

* #dataverse2018 proposals
* Community Questions

Attendees

* Gustavo Durand (IQSS)
* Danny Brooke (IQSS)
* Pete Meyer (HMS)
* Sebastian Karcher (QDR)
* Jamie Jameson (UCLA)
* Sherry Lake (UVA)
* Jim Myers (QDR)
* Courtney Mumma (TDL)
* Jon Crabtree (Odum)

Notes

* #dataverse2018 proposals
   * Reviews this week, notifications by end of week
* Community Questions
   * [Jon] Consortium
      * Datacite application approved
      * Will learn more later this week
      * datacite first thing; governance structure / direction next up
      * first year ~ identifying areas of community interest
   * [Sebastian] GDPR
      * website stuff
      * depositors from EU
      * ~ data on EU folks
      * [Pete] some discussion in last community call, info in notes
      * [Sherry] publish button optional pop-up for additional policies
      * [Danny] I need to get in touch with Merce about her plans for disseminating the information
   * [Jim]
      * NDS meeting July-11-12 in Chicago (midwest big data hub?); HPC, jupyter notebooks, etc; interest from DV folks?
         * Will post on Google Group
      * Preservation and BagIt
   * discussion of file descriptors, doc/PR on resource leaks
      * 4.8.6 big harvest can trigger glassfish crash
   * [Courtney] finding contract devs w\ DV experience?