Internal server Error in worldmap

Michel Bamouni

Apr 8, 2019, 9:46:48 AM4/8/19
to Dataverse Users Community
I use harvard worldmap to visualize data on map. After successfully log in worldmap https://worldmap.harvard.edu/,
When I try to "View Map" for à file, I get "Internal Server Error" like in the join picture.

Does someone knows if worldmap is down?

Best regards,

InternalServerERrorWorldMap.png

Michel

Philip Durbin

Apr 8, 2019, 9:50:51 AM4/8/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Oh dear! Can you please provide a link to a file in an installation of Dataverse from which you are clicking "View Map"? That way, we can try to reproduce the problem.

Thanks!

Phil

Michel Bamouni

Apr 8, 2019, 11:43:35 AM4/8/19
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi,

I try to view the map directly on worldmap web interface.
For instance, I try to view the map for :

Regards,

Michel

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 9:46 AM Michel Bamouni <olimi...@gmail.com> wrote:
I use harvard worldmap to visualize data on map. After successfully log in worldmap https://worldmap.harvard.edu/,
When I try to "View Map" for à file, I get "Internal Server Error" like in the join picture.

Does someone knows if worldmap is down?

Best regards,

InternalServerERrorWorldMap.png

Michel

Philip Durbin

Michel Bamouni

Philip Durbin

Apr 10, 2019, 9:54:15 AM4/10/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michel,

When I emailed worl...@harvard.edu it created https://help.hmdc.harvard.edu/Ticket/Display.html?id=274501 and I just got this response:

"Sorry folks, WorldMap layer pages are still down -- we are working on it!"

Unfortunately, I don't have permission to add you to that ticket and I'm going on vacation on Friday so I'm afraid I soon won't be able to relay messages to you. If WorldMap still isn't up next week I would suggest emailing worl...@harvard.edu to create a ticket in your name.

This has me thinking... for shared resources used by more than one installation of Dataverse such as...

- DataCite
- Harvard WorldMap
- ORCID login
- OSF
- RSpace
- Whole Tale

... I wonder if would make sense for the Global Dataverse Community Consortium to set up some sort of monitoring solution such as Nagios or whatever the cool kids uses these days so we could all check a dashboard to see if services we depend on are up or not. Just a thought. :)

Thanks,

Phil

Michel Bamouni

Apr 12, 2019, 7:36:18 AM4/12/19
to Dataverse Users Community
 Hi Philip,

Thanks for your answer.
It's a good idea to create a monitoring dashboard for shared resources that we use.

Regards,

Michel

Philip Durbin

Apr 12, 2019, 8:45:37 AM4/12/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
I'm glad you like the idea for a monitoring dashboard for shared resources. Lately, I've been trying to let members of the community create GitHub issues so please feel free to create one at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues

At http://irclog.iq.harvard.edu/dataverse/2019-04-10#i_90723 I asked what people thought about this monitoring idea and Oliver mentioned that https://github.com/CachetHQ/Cachet is an open source solution that could be used. Once there's a GitHub issue, we can debate the merits of various monitoring options there. :)

Michel Bamouni

Apr 12, 2019, 10:10:57 AM4/12/19
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Phil,

Feel free to complete it

Regards,

Michel

Michel Bamouni

Apr 17, 2019, 4:41:28 AM4/17/19
to Dataverse Users Community

Hi,

For information, worldmap support has solve my problem.

Best regards,

Michel