Issue with Dataverse system email address

meghan.good...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2022, 9:53:35 AM11/22/22
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi there,

Currently, the Dataverse code seems to only allow for one email address for the system. We're having difficulty using only one email for both the system-generated emails for notifications and for the email that receives general support form inquiries from end-users.

We would prefer to use a no-reply type email address for system-generated emails and a separate support email for the support form. How have others dealt with this?

Is it possible to change this in the code? Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Meghan
(Borealis team)

Alfredo Cosco

Nov 22, 2022, 1:52:36 PM11/22/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Good note, I've the same problem.

James Myers

Nov 22, 2022, 2:52:43 PM11/22/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com

FWIW: I just happened to be working on this part of the app for QDR – trying to add the ability to optionally cc support when the email would go to the collection/dataset/datafile contacts and to send one email instead of one per contact – and I went ahead to add a second SupportEmail setting. I’ll be putting in a PR about this and we can see if any/all of it should be added into the community version.

-- Jim

meghan.good...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2022, 11:56:18 AM11/24/22
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the response! Do you mean that the second SupportEmail setting would be specifically for the support form emails?

Thanks,
Meghan