Failure to register the Global Identifier

Rondineli Gama Saad

Dec 1, 2022, 1:53:35 PM12/1/22
to Dataverse Users Community
Hello,
When I try to publish a specific dataset I get the follow error:
  modifyMetadata failed: Response from postUrl: 408, Request timeout
java.io.IOException: Response from postUrl: 408, Request timeout
        at edu.harvard.iq.dataverse.DataCiteRESTfullClient.postUrl(DataCiteRESTfullClient.java:113)
Failed to register the identifier doi:10.48331/scielodata.YU8FLN, or to register a file in the dataset; notifying the user(s), unlocking the dataset]]

The problem is ocurring only in one dataset. I check in https://doi.datacite.org if the doi url was registered there and I can see only the files that belong to the dataset. But, when I try to access the file's  doi url I get the error "not found" (404).
The dataset doi url is answer properly (https://doi.org/10.48331/scielodata.YU8FLN).
I appreciate any help
Best Regards,

Sherry Lake

Dec 1, 2022, 1:56:27 PM12/1/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
DataCite MDS server is having trouble today. Here's the DataCite status: https://status.datacite.org/

You can sign up to receive status reports at that web page.

Several Dataverse installations are seeing this problem

Thanks - Jim and Don (from Slack conversation).

--
Sherry Lake UVa Dataverse

Esta mensagem pode conter informação confidencial, sendo seu sigilo protegido por lei. Se você não for o destinatário ou a pessoa autorizada a receber esta mensagem, não pode usar, copiar ou divulgar as informações nela contidas ou tomar qualquer ação baseada nessas informações. Se você recebeu esta mensagem por engano, por favor, avise imediatamente ao remetente, respondendo o e-mail e em seguida apague-a. Agradecemos sua cooperação.

This message may contain confidential information and its confidentiality is protected by law. If you are not the addressed or authorized person to receive this message, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on it or any information herein. If you have received this message by mistake, please advise the sender immediately by replying the e-mail and then deleting it. Thank you for your cooperation.

Rondineli Gama Saad

Dec 1, 2022, 1:59:58 PM12/1/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sherry,
Thanks for sharing this information and link. I will subscribe to receive notifications. I appreciate your help.
Best Regards,

Rondineli Saad
Coordenador de TI / Preservação Digital / Segurança da Informação
SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online
FAPESP - CAPES - CNPq - BVS-BIREME/OPAS/OMS - FapUNIFESP
______________________________

Rua Dr. Diogo de Faria, 1087
04037-003 - São Paulo - SP - Brasil
www.scielo.org |
www.scielo.br

Facebook - Twitter
Inscreva-se na nossa Newsletter

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Dataverse Users Community" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dataverse-community/CADL9p-WeZFXQNdW7O8TFPa334-TL2pA97SK2kbZtLa84yxGvjA%40mail.gmail.com.

Maylein, Leonhard

Dec 1, 2022, 2:16:00 PM12/1/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

we have been seeing the problem at Datacite for about 12 hours. Since then, one of our datasets has been locked. How long does Dataverse try to register the DOIs? Do we need to manually reset the dataset (at the database level) to try to publish again?

Leonhard Maylein

Dec 1, 2022, 2:24:07 PM12/1/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com

"If a dataset has been in this state for a long period of time, for hours or longer, it is somewhat safe to assume that it is stuck (for example, the process may have been interrupted by an application server restart, or a system crash), so you may want to remove the lock (to be safe, do restart the application server, to ensure that the job is no longer running in the background) and advise the user to try publishing again."

In short, it's a manual process to reset (clear the lock) and try publishing again.

I hope this helps,

Phil