Does tworavens works with dataverse 4.5.1?

Michel Bamouni

Mar 6, 2017, 7:05:01 AM3/6/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi to all,

I try to install tworavens for tabular data exploration of dataverse 4.5.1. But after installing tworavens and enabled tabular files ingesting by dataverse, when clicking on "Explore" button , I got a blank page on towravens.
I copying the preprocess.R on apache side to my glassfish domain and I have the same blank page on tworavens. So, I want to know if tworavens works well with dataverse 4.5.1 on a RHEL 7?

Best regards,

Michel

Philip Durbin

Mar 6, 2017, 9:17:43 AM3/6/17
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michel,

Can you please email sup...@dataverse.org so that someone can try to help you get TwoRavens and friends set up? Obviously, the process could be better documented, which is what https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/2212 is about. I've heard that perhaps instead of downloading from "master" as mentioned at http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.6/installation/r-rapache-tworavens.html#install-the-tworavens-application that you might need to download from a specific commit instead. I don't know the details.

Thanks,

Phil

Michel Bamouni

Mar 6, 2017, 9:40:58 AM3/6/17
to Dataverse Users Community, philip...@harvard.edu
Hi,

I sends an email to dataverse support.

Thanks for answer.

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 7:05 AM, Michel Bamouni <olimi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi to all,

I try to install tworavens for tabular data exploration of dataverse 4.5.1. But after installing tworavens and enabled tabular files ingesting by dataverse, when clicking on "Explore" button , I got a blank page on towravens.
I copying the preprocess.R on apache side to my glassfish domain and I have the same blank page on tworavens. So, I want to know if tworavens works well with dataverse 4.5.1 on a RHEL 7?

Best regards,

Michel

Philip Durbin

Michel Bamouni

Mar 8, 2017, 10:18:01 AM3/8/17
to Dataverse Users Community, philip...@harvard.edu
Hello,

Independantly of my ticket, I have a complementary question:  is it possible to connect my dataverse with harvard tworavens (https://rserve.dataverse.harvard.edu/dataexplore/)?
if true, what instructions must following?

Thanks

Le lundi 6 mars 2017 15:47:24 UTC+1, Philip Durbin a écrit :
[...]

Philip Durbin

Mar 8, 2017, 10:50:52 AM3/8/17
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Nope. I'm pretty sure that you'll need to install your own version of TwoRavens on your own server. Someone will help you in the support ticket you opened (#247299).

The idea of using an app or tool hosted by some other institution is not crazy, however. You're been working on using Harvard's installation of Geoconnect in another thread[1]. Also, as Kevin Worthington mentioned the other day, his tool called "Data Explorer" can take a remote URL as an argument[2].

So it's not a bad idea. Maybe institutions can host Dataverse-compatible for each other. Perhaps this is the "Appiverse" I mentioned recently in yet another post[3]. :)

Keep the ideas coming!

Phil

1. https://groups.google.com/d/msg/dataverse-community/KgiMIHhuH18/n-Njvw_7AAAJ
2. https://groups.google.com/d/msg/dataverse-community/Nc8tX0s8lo8/5T50mJ9UAQAJ