Customize account creation notification

Michel Bamouni

Jun 15, 2018, 5:33:56 AM6/15/18
to Dataverse Users Community
When we create an account on dataverse use the "Sugn Up" button, we get welcomme email et welcomme notification.

1)The welcome email look like :"

Objet : Dataverse: Your account has been created

Hello,
Welcome to Dataverse! Get started by adding or finding data. Have questions? Check out the User Guide at http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.8.6/user/ or contact Dataverse Support for assistance : sup...@dataverse.org
Want to test out Dataverse features? Use our Demo Site at https://demo.dataverse.org”.
"

2)The notification is some thing like :
"Welcome to Portail Data Inra! Get started by adding or finding data. Have questions? Check out the User Guide. Want to test out Dataverse features? Use our Demo Site. Also, check for your welcome email to verify your address.
"

I want to know if there is a configuration option top change "sup...@dataverse.org" with my own email or I need to change source code of dataverse to do this?

I also want to change the "Demo Site url" https://demo.dataverse.org by my sandbox dataverse url. I want to this for the welcome email and welcome notification.
Does a way exist to do that?

Best regards,

Michel

Don Sizemore

Jun 15, 2018, 8:13:53 AM6/15/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Have you set :SystemEmail and :NavbarSupportUrl?

You might need to change anything hard-coded beneath glassfish/domains/domain1/applications/dataverse-4.n.n
and WEB-INF/classes/Bundle.properties would be a great place to look for small tweaks.

It would be great to turn many of these into config options.

I hope this helps?
Don

Philip Durbin

Jun 15, 2018, 9:01:03 AM6/15/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
The short answer is that improvements were made in Dataverse 4.9.

"sup...@dataverse.org was unfortunately hard-coded. You can tell by comparing these:

Please try 4.9 and open a GitHub issue if further improvements should be made. I'm sure it's not perfect but hopefully it's a little better.

Thanks!

Phil

Michel Bamouni

Jun 15, 2018, 11:04:17 AM6/15/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Donald and Philip,

Thanks for answer. I doesn't want to change the bundle file. So I will try with the dataverse 4.9

regards

Michel

Michel Bamouni

Jun 15, 2018, 11:11:59 AM6/15/18