Submit information when requesting access?

bppmit

Apr 17, 2015, 4:19:17 PM4/17/15
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Is there a way to require people who request access to a restricted file/dataset to provide some additional information (eg email, institutions, etc)? This would be very helpful to decide whether to grant it or not.
It seems that this feature could easily be added by asking people to "sign a guestbook" when requesting access (instead of when they download the data).

Thanks,
Alberto

Eleni Castro

Apr 17, 2015, 4:47:44 PM4/17/15
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alberto,

Thanks for contacting the Community Group about this.

This is an excellent suggestion, which I have created a ticket for in our GitHub for our developers to look into supporting for a future release of Dataverse: https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/2043

You can comment and/or subscribe to the GitHub ticket to receive notifications on its progress.

Best regards,
Eleni

--

Eleni Castro

Research Coordinator, Data Acquisition and Archiving, Data Science

IQSS, Harvard University

http://www.iq.harvard.edu/people/eleni-castro

~Check out our new Dataverse 4.0!~