Change tooltip forms

Santiago Florez

Mar 8, 2023, 12:54:49 PM3/8/23
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi
I want to know how can i change the tooltip text in the forms to create dataverse and datasets?

Santiago Florez

Mar 8, 2023, 12:57:52 PM3/8/23
to Dataverse Users Community
dataverse.png

Sherry Lake

Mar 13, 2023, 4:39:55 PM3/13/23
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Santiago,

If you want to change the language that the tool tip is displayed in, I think setting up languages this way will change the language of the tool tip

Then if you want to change the default "wording" the text for the tool tip - description....
Not sure if IQSS Dataverse folks want sites to do this, but here's how you can change the tooltips:

Edit this file: citation.properties (or your language citation.properties file)
.......WEB-INF/classes/propertyFiles/citation.properties
The tool tips are descriptions like this: datasetfieldtype.title.description=Full title by which the Dataset is known.

Once you edit the citation.properties file, you need to stop and re-start payara.

Good luck,
Sherry Lake
University of Virginia Dataverse

Santiago Florez

Mar 13, 2023, 7:28:58 PM3/13/23
to Dataverse Users Community

Hi Sherry tanks for answer,
I dont need change the language,i want change the text info for exmaple change from "The main title of the dataset" to "The title that the dataverse will have"

Santiago Florez

Mar 13, 2023, 9:15:42 PM3/13/23
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com

Sherry I didn't read all of your last email, thanks for your help

Santiago Florez

Mar 13, 2023, 9:17:09 PM3/13/23
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
I have already solved my doubt