How can I refresh dataverse-metrics graphs?

Michel Bamouni

May 2, 2019, 5:41:34 AM5/2/19
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi,

I successfully install dataverse-Metrics, and I get the graphs weel.
I observe that the graphs are not evolve with data in the dataverse database.
In the installation guide, they don't talk about a way to setup a scheduler to regenerate/refresh the tsv files or the graphs.

According to my understanding, these graphs were generated from the tsv files that were created by the script file metrics.py
Must I set up a scheduler that will run the metrics.py to generate the tsv files or is there a best way to get a up to date graphs with dataverse-metrics?

Best regards,

Michel

Philip Durbin

May 2, 2019, 5:46:29 AM5/2/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
That's correct. You must set up a cron job to run every night (or week or whatever). This should be documented. Can you please open an issue at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse-metrics/issues about this? Thanks! And thanks for trying out dataverse-metrics!

Phil

Philip Durbin

May 3, 2019, 3:03:38 PM5/3/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Don Sizemore from UNC (who runs https://dataverse.org/metrics for the entire Dataverse community) submitted a cron job example:

If you have any trouble with it, please open an issue.

Thanks!

Phil

Michel Bamouni

May 6, 2019, 4:54:39 AM5/6/19
to Dataverse Users Community
Ho Phil,

Thanks for cron job link.

regards,

Michel

On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 5:41 AM Michel Bamouni <olimi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I successfully install dataverse-Metrics, and I get the graphs weel.
I observe that the graphs are not evolve with data in the dataverse database.
In the installation guide, they don't talk about a way to setup a scheduler to regenerate/refresh the tsv files or the graphs.

According to my understanding, these graphs were generated from the tsv files that were created by the script file metrics.py
Must I set up a scheduler that will run the metrics.py to generate the tsv files or is there a best way to get a up to date graphs with dataverse-metrics?

Best regards,

Michel

Michel Bamouni

Apr 3, 2020, 11:56:20 AM4/3/20
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi ,

I Hope this post find you well.
I come back to this post because I set up a daily cron that works well. Indeed, every day, the tsv files are generated in the ouput directory.
Despite the updating of the tsv files, when I go to my dataverse-metrics GUI, I don't see the updates.
Does anyone knows what I can do to see my tsv files updates in my dataverse metrics GUI?

Best regards

Michel

Don Sizemore

Apr 3, 2020, 12:58:48 PM4/3/20
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Michel,

Have you tried running metrics.py manually? (do you get the nightly output in e-mail, to know that the script is completing successfully?)

Donald

Michel Bamouni

Apr 3, 2020, 1:36:38 PM4/3/20
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi DonSizemore,

I run metrics.py manually and I see in the output directory that the tsv files was updated.
My problem is that the GUI doesn't takes these files. For example, I run the script today about 10:00 A.M as you can see in the join picture named "TsvFilesGeneratedToToday.png" but  when I go the "dataverses per month" graph, it's doesn't display the right values. It's blocked to May 2019 (joined picture ). This date correspond to my dataverse metrics installation month.

Regards,

Michel

TsvFilesGeneratedToToday.png

DataversesPerMonthGraph.png

Don Sizemore

Apr 3, 2020, 1:40:40 PM4/3/20
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Do you see newer months beneath cache/ ?

cache/datasets/toMonth/2020-03
cache/datasets/toMonth/2020-04

and so on.

Michel Bamouni

Apr 3, 2020, 1:48:33 PM4/3/20
to Dataverse Users Community

Yes I see newer months.
That's the content of my cache/datasets/toMonth content :
"
dataverse-metrics/cache/datasets/toMonth]$ ls -lrth
total 96K
 25 avril  2019 2019-04
 25 avril  2019 2019-03
 25 avril  2019 2019-02
 25 avril  2019 2019-01
 25 avril  2019 2018-12
 25 avril  2019 2018-11
 25 avril  2019 2018-10
 25 avril  2019 2018-09
 25 avril  2019 2018-08
 25 avril  2019 2018-07
 25 avril  2019 2018-06
 25 avril  2019 2018-05
 15 mai    2019 2019-05
31 mars  10:40 2020-03
31 mars  10:40 2020-02
31 mars  10:40 2020-01
31 mars  10:40 2019-12
31 mars  10:40 2019-11
31 mars  10:40 2019-10
31 mars  10:40 2019-09
31 mars  10:40 2019-08
31 mars  10:40 2019-07
31 mars  10:40 2019-06
 1 avril 00:01    2020-04
"

Regards

Don Sizemore

Apr 3, 2020, 2:01:52 PM4/3/20
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Depending on your browser, open the javascript console and reload the page. Do you see any hard errors other than say favico?

Michel Bamouni

Apr 3, 2020, 2:29:43 PM4/3/20
to Dataverse Users Community
The problem was solve. It's was a problem of cache in my browser.

Thanks o lot for your help

Have a good week end.

Michel