Register Now for the Upcoming Annual Dataverse Community Meeting (June 9-11)

Eleni Castro

Feb 27, 2015, 12:42:13 PM2/27/15
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com

You are cordially invited to take part in the first ever Annual Dataverse Community Meeting, hosted by the Institute for Quantitative Social Science (IQSS), which includes a pre-meeting Repositories Workshop on June 9th and a two-day Community Meeting on June 10th and 11th at Harvard University, Cambridge, MA.

This event is free and open to researchers, librarians, archivists, publishers, funders, software developers and anyone interested in data repositories. Space is limited so please register at your earliest convenience.

We are very honored to have Christine Borgman as our keynote speaker for this event. Christine is a Professor and Presidential Chair in Information Studies at UCLA, and is the author of the most recently published Big Data, Little Data, No Data (MIT Press), along with more than 200 publications in information studies, computer science, and communication.

The Dataverse Community Meeting will be an opportunity to learn about how different groups around the world use, contribute to, and integrate with Dataverse. Together we will explore the needs of the community and help define future development to continue expanding and enhancing the software application. It will also serve as an opportunity to gather requirements from publishers, funders, and other stakeholders from the data publishing and sharing world.

For more detailed information about the agenda, speakers and location please visit our recently launched Dataverse Community Meeting website. For specific inquiries, please contact Eleni Castro.