How to publish dataverse or dataset in a local instance of dataverse for experiment ? I am getting error.

Jay Patel

Nov 4, 2018, 3:47:48 PM11/4/18
to Dataverse Users Community
 Error – This dataset may not be published due to an error when contacting the DataCite Service. Please try again. If you believe this is an error, please contact Project Support for assistance.

I am trying to run Dataverse in local machine. Want to upload some data and publish it to experiment with APIs. I could not publish the data giving the above stated error.
I am very new at Dataverse

Please Help
Thanks

Philip Durbin

Nov 4, 2018, 5:24:34 PM11/4/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com

Unfortunately, the experience for someone installing Dataverse for the first time has gotten a little worse recently because there is now a manual step to apply for a test DataCite account before you can publish. This affects new developers too: https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/5263

As the "config" page above explains, you should email sup...@datacite.org and ask for test credentials. Then you'll need to reconfigure Glassfish to use them, which is also explained on that page.

I hope this helps!

Phil

Jay Patel

Philip Durbin

Nov 5, 2018, 7:55:56 AM11/5/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
You're welcome. Please keep us posted if you have any trouble.

If anyone out there would like more context on this recent change from EZID to DataCite and the implications for trial installations and new developers, please see https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/5024#issuecomment-422445243

On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 5:52 PM Jay Patel <jay2...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Jay Patel

Nov 6, 2018, 6:56:41 PM11/6/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Thank you for this github thread.
I have got the reply back on my request to DataCite support asking for test credential. They have said that they provide test credentials only to organizations. I have reply with the link of the github conversation thread.
I hope it resolve everything.
I will keep you inform.

Thank you

On Monday, November 5, 2018 at 7:55:56 AM UTC-5, Philip Durbin wrote:
[...]

Philip Durbin

Nov 6, 2018, 10:06:15 PM11/6/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Oh dear. I do hope DataCite gives you test credentials. Technically you could use the old EZID server and credentials we used to have hard-coded in the installer but these will stop working outside California pretty soon from what I understand. Here's the commit where we switched: https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/commit/3d21f60

Please keep us posted,

Phil

Jay Patel

Nov 13, 2018, 9:13:00 AM11/13/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Finally I got the test credentials. Thought I should inform you.

Thank you for your support.

Jay Patel

Nov 13, 2018, 9:16:47 AM11/13/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Meanwhile, I was trying to run Dataverse 4.9.2 and below. but there was no luck.

Philip Durbin

Nov 13, 2018, 9:20:56 AM11/13/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
By "no luck" do you mean that you still can't publish using the test credentials you got from DataCite? At this point I would suggest emailing sup...@dataverse.org to open a support ticket. Once your problem is fixed, a summary can be posted here.

Thanks,

Phil

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 9:16 AM Jay Patel <jay2...@gmail.com> wrote:
Meanwhile, I was trying to run Dataverse 4.9.2 and below. but there was no luck.

Jay Patel

Nov 13, 2018, 10:23:47 AM11/13/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Sorry for my bad writing.
I was waiting for the DataCite support's reply. While that time, as you have suggested that these are new changes, I though installing older version would do it. However, I could never successfully run the Dataverse 4.9.2 or 4.9.1.
I just received the test-credentials and trying to configure it in my original (latest) installation of dataverse.
Quick question: Do I just need to configure two jvm-option for username and password as website suggest? What is the use of DOI that comes with test account?

Regards,
Jay

Philip Durbin

Nov 13, 2018, 10:38:06 AM11/13/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
When switching between EZID and DataCite there is also a database setting you need to be aware of called ":DoiProvider": http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.9.4/installation/config.html#doiprovider

Again, I'd suggest emailing sup...@dataverse.org to open up a support ticket. You can also jump in http://chat.dataverse.org if you want to chat about these JVM and database settings. I hope I haven't confused you.

Phil

Jay Patel

Nov 15, 2018, 11:43:14 PM11/15/18
to Dataverse Users Community
I have reset my dataverse and again configure it with my test account. Now I am able to Publish. Finally.

To summerise my experience,
I had to email National Research Council of Canada for test DOI credentials(for canada). First when I have tried to configure, I failed. But then I reset my dataverse for fresh iinstall as given on the website and again put my credential in configuration. Now it worked,

Thank you Phillip fot you support.

Philip Durbin