Dataverse in ubuntu

Santiago Florez

Nov 12, 2022, 7:46:29 PM11/12/22
to Dataverse Users Community
hello everyone, I'm new in dataverse, i want to konw if someone have a tutorial or a guide to install dataverse in ubuntu 20.04. Thanks

Péter Király

Nov 13, 2022, 4:30:21 AM11/13/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Dear Santiago,

I am not aware of such a guide, but we are running our instance (https://data.goettingen-research-online.de/) on Ubuntu, so if you have a problem, I will try to help.

Best,
Péter

On Sun, Nov 13, 2022 at 1:46 AM Santiago Florez <florezsa...@gmail.com> wrote:
hello everyone, I'm new in dataverse, i want to konw if someone have a tutorial or a guide to install dataverse in ubuntu 20.04. Thanks

Péter Király
software developer
GWDG, Göttingen - Europeana - eXtensible Catalog - The Code4Lib Journal
http://linkedin.com/in/peterkiraly

Santiago Florez

Nov 13, 2022, 2:16:25 PM11/13/22
to Dataverse Users Community
You know how can i deploy using a remote server ?,. I don´t know what inputs should input when i execute install.py , 'cause in the installation guide they only use localhost. For example:
  1. Fully Qualified Domain Name of your host: I dobt know if i should put the ip of the remote server or the ip address of my pc.
  2. Postgres Server Address: Is the same way, what IP I should put.
  3. Rserve server:  Is the same way, what IP I should put.
  4. SMTP (mail) server (and port) to relay notification messages:  Is the same way, what IP I should put.
  5. Leave this set to "LOCAL" if the SOLR will be running on the same (this) server. Otherwise, please enter the host AND THE PORT NUMBER of the remote SOLR service:  Is the same way, what IP I should put. In this case a I have other question, Where is the directory location to change the jetty.host?, cause in the guide they said that SOLR is only configurate to listen the localhost.
These all my question (LOL), I'm new and all documentation that I search is only for CentOS or RHEL, I hope that you can help me. Thanks

Philip Durbin

Nov 23, 2022, 12:05:22 PM11/23/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi! For FQDN you'd enter something like "demo.dataverse.org".

For Postgres, Rserve, SMTP, and Solr you could put "localhost" if they are all running on the save server as Dataverse. If not, you would put "db.example.org" or whatever.

I hope this helps!

Phil