dataverse user interface configuration

Michel Bamouni

May 11, 2017, 7:09:06 AM5/11/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hello;

I use dataverse 4.5.1 and in the user interface, under "Guides", I want to know if
1) I can rename one of the item (User Guide, Developper Guide, Installation Guide, API Guide) and their respective link?

2) I can new item to "Guides" with it's link like "Other Guide"?

Best regards,

Michel

danny...@g.harvard.edu

May 11, 2017, 11:53:55 AM5/11/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Michel,

In the 4.7 release, we plan to make it easier to customize your installation, including the guides links, but this is not an available configuration yet.

LibraData at the University of Virginia (https://dataverse.lib.virginia.edu/) currently has custom links for the guides. Sherry at UVA may have more information that she can share in regards to the customizations that they've made.

- Danny

Michel Bamouni

May 12, 2017, 5:21:09 AM5/12/17
to Dataverse Users Community

Hi Danny,

Thanks,

Philip Durbin

May 15, 2017, 2:02:56 PM5/15/17
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/3637 is the issue to track for making the links to Guides more configurable. You can have some influence over the design of the feature by leaving a comment there.