Is there a way to manage file access requests through the API?

Baptiste ROUXEL

Oct 23, 2018, 10:31:52 AM10/23/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi everyone,

I would like to get the list of access requests for all files in a dataset and manage them through the API.
I cannot find information about it in the documentation nor in github issues.

Do you know if it is possible?

Thanks,

Baptiste

Philip Durbin

Oct 23, 2018, 1:24:27 PM10/23/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi! Unfortunately there is no way to manage file access requests via API. It's a GUI only feature. Can you please open an issue at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues requesting this feature?

I assume you'd want:

- list
- approve
- deny

Thanks,

Phil

p.s. For the developers, here's the "list" code (getFileAccessRequesters from the "fileaccessrequests" table): https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/blob/v4.9.4/src/main/java/edu/harvard/iq/dataverse/DataFile.java#L638

Baptiste ROUXEL

Oct 24, 2018, 4:27:42 AM10/24/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi!

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you Philip!

Baptiste

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 10:31 AM Baptiste ROUXEL <baptist...@sciencespo.fr> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I would like to get the list of access requests for all files in a dataset and manage them through the API.
I cannot find information about it in the documentation nor in github issues.

Do you know if it is possible?

Thanks,

Baptiste

Crosas, Mercè

Oct 24, 2018, 8:09:14 AM10/24/18
On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 4:27 AM Baptiste ROUXEL <baptist...@sciencespo.fr> wrote:
[...]

Mercè Crosas, Ph.D., Chief Data Science and Technology Officer, IQSS, Harvard University