Changing from Handle to DOI

Alexandre Abreu

Nov 30, 2022, 7:56:23 AM11/30/22
to Dataverse Users Community
Good morning guys,

How do I change from Handle to DOI ?
Is there some way for testing DOI configs after the change ? (I don't have a DOI yet.. We need to test first)

Thanks!

Alexandre

Don Sizemore

Nov 30, 2022, 8:30:18 AM11/30/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

You'd likely want to test DOI configs on a test server, if possible.
You may request "test" DOI credentials either through the consortium or through DataCite which, while test DOIs don't resolve, should allow you to test DOI registration.

I hope this helps?
Don

Alexandre Abreu

Nov 30, 2022, 9:03:36 AM11/30/22
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Don, thank you!

How about the configurations on server?
I already used ./asadmin commands such  ./asadmin create-jvm-options '-Ddoi.baseurlstring=https\://mds.test.datacite.org'
and I used delete-jvm-options to remove those ones related to Handle... but It isn't working...
In other words I'd like to set the configs in order to set it like default...

Don Sizemore

Nov 30, 2022, 10:28:24 AM11/30/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I apologize, I forgot to mention the database settings:
(also :Protocol, :Authority and :Shoulder)

Please let me know if they don't do the trick?
Don