Dataverse native api performance

Michel Bamouni

Apr 26, 2018, 8:50:24 AM4/26/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hello,

After upgrade from dataverse 4.5.1 to dataverse 4.6.2, I observe native api performance degradation. A curl request to create take 2 minutes.
How can solve this?

best regards,

Michel

Philip Durbin

Apr 26, 2018, 8:57:03 AM4/26/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
2 minutes! Can you please put more specifics into a new issue at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues ? Thanks!

Michel Bamouni

Apr 27, 2018, 9:04:31 AM4/27/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi,

After profiling dataverse stack trace, I find the cause of my problem.
This was due to the communication between dataverse and datacite.

Thanks Phil for your answer

Michel

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 8:50 AM, Michel Bamouni <olimi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

After upgrade from dataverse 4.5.1 to dataverse 4.6.2, I observe native api performance degradation. A curl request to create take 2 minutes.
How can solve this?

best regards,

Michel

Philip Durbin

Apr 27, 2018, 10:12:13 AM4/27/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update! I just closed https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/4624

For the record, communication with DataCite should be centralized, so I assume you would have seen performance problems with similar operations in the web interface.