harvesting and call to export api

Michel Bamouni

Nov 14, 2018, 11:16:49 AM11/14/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi,

In my dataverse access log I see many call like this "GET /api/datasets/export?exporter=dataverse_json&persistentId=doi:{doi number}"
I want to know if this call is caused by the harvesting server or if it's due to something else.
I ask this question my server go down due to  these "GET" calls

best regards,

Michel

Philip Durbin

Nov 15, 2018, 7:53:16 AM11/15/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Um, it's not great that your server is going down. You might want to start a new thread specifically about that!

I think you're right that those GET calls might be someone harvesting. It looks like that URL is constructed in customMetadataExtensionRef at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/blob/v4.9.4/src/main/java/edu/harvard/iq/dataverse/harvest/server/xoai/Xrecord.java#L146

Of course, it could also be someone hitting that API directly. It's documented at http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.9.4/api/native-api.html#export-metadata-of-a-dataset-in-various-formats

I hope this helps,

Phil

Michel Bamouni