install geoconnect and dataverse on separate machines

Michel Bamouni

Mar 1, 2018, 9:56:44 AM3/1/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hello,

Use use dataverse 4.5.1 and I want to connect it to worldmap.
To do this, I plan to install geoconnect.
My geoconnect will not be installed on the same machine as dataverse.
I saw in the geocnnect install folder only urls in 127.0.0.1:8080.
I assumed that these urls served to link to dataverse from geoconnect.
 Since I would like to install geoconnect on a machine other than dataverse, what are the files to modify to ensure the navigation between geoconnect and dataverse?

Best regards,

Michel

Philip Durbin

Mar 1, 2018, 10:12:26 AM3/1/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
I've only ever set up Geoconnect on my laptop and that was a while ago but I believe the "Update the Geoconnect URL on your Dataverse Database" section might help you: https://github.com/IQSS/geoconnect/blob/1152e00c4af4b7f258c32d57bb334872b89166e9/heroku_setup.md#update-the-geoconnect-url-on-your-dataverse-database

It explains how to to update the "mapitlink" column in the "worldmapauth_tokentype" database table: http://phoenix.dataverse.org/schemaspy/latest/tables/worldmapauth_tokentype.html

I hope this helps and that I'm not leading you astray. That "heroku_setup.md" documentation should help generally, even if you aren't deploying Geoconnect to Heroku.

Phil