Banks and their Branches - India

rc

Mar 19, 2024, 12:43:15 AMMar 19
to datameet
Hello everyone, I'm currently in need of the locations (lat-long with names) of banks and their branches across India. Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Ravi

Shiv Hastawala

Mar 19, 2024, 4:08:43 AMMar 19
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ravi

On this webpage, search for the term 'bank' and you will get the data. This data is at the bank branch level by village. The village names etc are available in the 'core keys' file.

Thanks and regards.

Yours sincerely

Shiv Hastawala

(He/His/Him)
Doctoral Student
Department of Economics
Binghamton University (State University of New York)

Zoom ID: 201 717 2613

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

Atanu Garai

Mar 19, 2024, 1:15:54 PMMar 19
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ravi
This repo is well maintained

Best regards,
Atanu

rc

Mar 20, 2024, 1:37:29 PMMar 20
to datameet
Hi Shiv and Atanu,
Thanks for sharing the info on banks but I am looking for lat-long (along with name) of each bank branch and probably with their ATM locations. It can be a shapefile (or any geometry file) or just a CSV with lat-long and bank name.

I hope I am not missing anything in your email.

Thanks
Ravi

Shiv Hastawala

Mar 21, 2024, 11:50:11 AMMar 21
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ravi

I'm not entirely aware of a bank branch data set that comes with lat-long info. However, the SHRUG data thatI alluded to includes PIN codes of branches. So you can merge that data with the following PIN code map to get approximate locations of bank branches: https://github.com/justinelliotmeyers/INDIA_PINCODES

Thanks and regards.

Yours sincerely

Shiv Hastawala

(He/His/Him)
Doctoral Student
Department of Economics
Binghamton University (State University of New York)

Zoom ID: 201 717 2613

rc

Mar 22, 2024, 12:17:04 PMMar 22
to datameet
Thanks Shiv.

I got to know one website - https://dbtgis.nic.in/bankgis/
It seems this website has bank and atm locations. I don't have access to this website. Incase anyone has it please let me know.

Thanks
Ravi

Kumar Shivendu

Mar 24, 2024, 8:11:01 PMMar 24
to datameet
https://findmybank.gov.in/FMB/# looks interesting.

Devdatta Tengshe

Mar 25, 2024, 12:18:28 AMMar 25
to data...@googlegroups.com
Bharatmaps has this data. It comes from this MapService:  Panchayat/india_adminpointTest (MapServer) (mapservice.gov.in)

Regards,
Devdatta

rc

Mar 25, 2024, 2:16:19 PMMar 25
to datameet
Thank you everyone for your guidance and help.