Historic village-level census data

Rashmi Singh Rana

May 17, 2021, 10:24:05 PM5/17/21
to datameet
Hi,
I am looking for village-level census data for Himachal Pradesh. I have village-level data for the 15th & 14th Census (2011 & 2001). I am looking for census data for previous years/ older census records, at the village level for Himachal.
Can anyone help me access or direct to where I can access it? The Census digital library has the 13th Census data but it is incomplete.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Rashmi

Sanjeev Sinha

May 17, 2021, 10:29:02 PM5/17/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
Previous census year data (upto 1981) are in hard copy/ or published as scanned ebook format.

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

Nishadh K A

May 18, 2021, 9:33:51 PM5/18/21
to datameet

Sharad Lele

May 18, 2021, 10:18:27 PM5/18/21
to datameet
Following Sanjeev Sinha's point: the scanned district census handbooks for older censuses can be found here:
http://lsi.gov.in:8081/jspui/handle/123456789/1

The collection is not comprehensive, but ...

K Shakya

May 19, 2021, 6:56:10 PM5/19/21
to data...@googlegroups.com

official source  for census handbooks since 1901 for Himachal

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

​Regards

Ar. Kisho
re Shakyawar
(Architect, Planner)

Divyansh Thakur

May 24, 2021, 5:49:33 PM5/24/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
The language for the DCHBs has changed though. They were originally in English then the system changed after the Shanta Kumar govt. to Hindi. So look out for that!

Rashmi Singh Rana

May 26, 2021, 6:24:22 AM5/26/21
to datameet
Thank you all for your help. Will look at the data sources/links given by all of you. Thank you again!