data story plug -- Best Streaming Service in India for Western Music

閲覧: 29 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Shijith Kunhitty

未読、
2022/09/11 2:44:012022/09/11
To: datameet
Hi, my name is Shijith and I'm a freelance data journalist.

Just wanted to plug my new story on streaming services in India and how well they cover western music.

I specifically look at much access they give to critically-acclaimed albums from the past and present.

I used features like 'Best Albums Ever', 'Best albums of 2021' and so on from top music publications and websites to come up with a list of albums in each genre (Rock, EDM etc.) these services should have.

Services were rated out of 10 in each genre, with the rating corresponding to what percent of the album list they have in their library. Guess it won't be a surprise for many that Apple or Spotify came first in most lists.

In the overall rating that looks at performance across all genres, the top four spots were taken by global services — Spotify (9.3/10), Apple Music (9.3), YouTube Music (8.9) and Amazon Music (8.5). Of services based in India, only JioSaavn (8.1) came anywhere close.

There's more on all this in my blog post at https://shijith.com/blog/music-streaming-india/

If you have any questions or feedback, do let me know. Thanks! -shijith

overall_ratings_blog.png

Shijith Kunhitty

未読、
2022/09/11 2:46:562022/09/11