Re: [datameet] Digest for datameet@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

Ravi Chopra

Sep 22, 2022, 11:29:16 AM9/22/22
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Devdatta,
By any chance you have river line of India may be from WRIS? Or any other reliable source?

I am looking for rivers of India.

Thanks
Ravi

On Wed, 24 Aug 2022, 05:54 , <data...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Arun Ganesh <arung...@gmail.com>: Aug 22 10:55PM -0400

The post also reminded me that some time ago it was possible to download
vectors from some of the Bhuvan geoservers as a GeoRSS XML
https://github.com/planemad/qgis-extract-html-attributes/issues/1#issue-790240586
.

On Mon, Aug 22, 2022 at 4:30 PM Dammalapati Sai Krishna <
Devdatta Tengshe <devd...@tengshe.in>: Aug 23 09:31AM +0530

I had scraped this data from India Wris, some years back.

Here is a link to the Kaveri Basin, in GeoJSON format:
https://gist.github.com/devdattaT/40fbc09ae48402157d0984df6e9f2b02

Regards,
Devdatta

Ravi Chopra

Sep 22, 2022, 12:09:54 PM9/22/22
to data...@googlegroups.com
Also wanted to know the length of River network in India in KM.

Devdatta Tengshe

Sep 23, 2022, 1:04:54 AM9/23/22
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ravi,

While I haven't scraped the data so far, it should be easy enough to do it, since it is available at this endpoint: https://arc.indiawris.gov.in/server/rest/services/SubInfoSysLCC/River_StreamOrder/MapServer

Regards,
Devdatta

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org