읽지 않은 첫 메시지로 건너뛰기

Meeta Gupta

읽지 않음,
2022. 3. 2. 오전 11:33:4322. 3. 2.
받는사람 data...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone,

Can anyone please share the source/dataset (if worked on) for the cadastral maps (shapefile format) for Gujarat state. To be specific, I am looking for cadastral maps for the districts Banaskantha, Mahesana and Patan.

Any leads will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Meeta Gupta

Nikhil VJ

읽지 않음,
2022. 3. 2. 오후 11:24:5022. 3. 2.
받는사람 datameet
Hi Meeta,

I had got these for some villages in Maharashtra some years ago; I don't know about Gujarat but there could be a similar office and process there; I'll guess Gandhinagar.

1. Walk into Settlement Commissioner And Director Of Land Records office : https://goo.gl/maps/TsNSTHvKrHwrrQqj9
2. Tell someone you want to buy cadastral maps for so and so villages under so and so Talukas (or what the sub-district is called in Guj) under so and so District.
3. They'll give you a bill with the costs and send you to another floor for making payment (digital only - only debit card was accepted when I had gone, hope they're accepting UPI now) and getting a challan (official receipt).
4. Cost was a few hundred bucks per village.
5. Get the challan, come back here and give it to them.
6. They will give a CD with .dwg files saved in it. Maybe one CD per village.
7. Then take on the much harder task of finding someone who has a working CD drive ;)

PS: No, there won't be any customization in the medium, as there are strict rules from up top. No, they won't just email it to you even if the file is a few KBs only, not even if their own gmail account is open right there on the same PC that is writing the CD. Just take the CDs quietly and get out of there.

--
Cheers,
Nikhil VJ

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

Sharad Lele

읽지 않음,
2022. 3. 4. 오전 12:11:3522. 3. 4.
받는사람 datameet
Folks, isn't it sad that even today we are being forced to go in person to the DLR offices to get cadastral maps in certain states, when a) the govt of India launched the BhuNaksha programme more than a decade ago, and some states implemented it rapidly, while others have refused/dragged their feet? The status page of BhuNaksha programme has not changed for years now:
Bhunaksha implementation status_March2022.jpg

b) that in particular the 'shining state' of Gujarat is lagging so far behind? when a state like Karnataka has made kml files available of village maps, and made an app in which one can load the entire cadastral layer of the state and see where (in which survey number) one is standing using phone GPS! (Dishaank app)

I hope the MOU discussions with MoRD can also push the question of uniform availability of data across states?

Sharad

Nikhil VJ

읽지 않음,
2022. 3. 4. 오후 11:42:1822. 3. 4.
받는사람 datameet
Hi Sharad,

Agree; someone in the group has shared this some days back:
Draft India Data Accessibility & Use Policy 2022
The last date of submission for inputs/feedback is March 18, 2022.

Do write in your inputs there - I have sent a bunch.

--
Cheers,
Nikhil VJ

메시지가 삭제되었습니다.