Delhi Metro

VAIBHAV PURI

Mar 24, 2022, 4:10:26 PM3/24/22
to datameet
Hi

I am looking for recent most vector data of Delhi Metro along with meta-data like Stations info, year of operation etc.

Need it for an ongoing research
Any leads would be appreciated.

Regards,
Vaibhav

Nikhil VJ

Mar 24, 2022, 11:49:23 PM3/24/22
to datameet
Hi Vaibhav,

Where all have you already looked for initial info, and over and above that what is missing that are you still looking for?

Possible sources for metadata:
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q3278367 (explore around from there)

For geospatial data, you can get into the data extraction side of Openstreetmap - the open-data alternative to google maps which lets people extract specific data out of it.
If you navigate to NCR region and open Wizard and put in "railway=station", you get a lot of hits. But these may also include the regular railway stations, so you can select a positive result, see more tags there and refine your search further.
if we change the query in the Wizard box to : railway=station and network="Delhi Metro"
..then it gets better.

Similarly to get the metro tracks you'll need to search by other tags.
Find out relevant tags by which you can extract data: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Metro_Mapping

Once you've got a good query, can export the data to a shapefile for working on.

--
Cheers,
Nikhil VJ

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

Ujaval Gandhi

Mar 25, 2022, 4:39:41 AM3/25/22
to data...@googlegroups.com
I have found the maps by Metro Rail Guy (TMRG) the most comprehensive and up-to-date. The maps are not downloadable but would be a good reference.

Nikhil Kumar

Mar 28, 2022, 6:47:37 AM3/28/22
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,