Twitter data

Srinivas Karuturi

May 21, 2020, 1:58:49 AM5/21/20
to datameet
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am working on building a sentiment analysis dashboard and would like to check if anyone is aware of good scraping tools that can gather tweets with the following information based on user input of keywords and location

1. Original tweet, number of replies, number of likes, number of retweets, location, twitterHandle, link to the tweet
2. Retweet, number of replies, number of likes, number of retweets, location, twitterHandle, link to the tweet
3. Replies, number of replies, number of likes, number of retweets, location, twitterHandle, link to the tweet

Any information would be helpful

Regards,

Srinivas

kracekumar ramaraju

May 21, 2020, 8:58:37 AM5/21/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Srinivas

வியா., 21 மே, 2020, முற்பகல் 11:28 அன்று, Srinivas Karuturi <srini.k...@gmail.com> எழுதியது:
I wrote a small Python script a month back. You can get the code from Gist[0]. I have tried code snippets only for few hundred tweets. So it may not be robust enough.
It's possible to get what you are looking for using tweepy [1] and tweets are stored in SQLite using sqlite_utils [2]. The best part is `tweepy.Cursor` handles rate limiting.

I'm not aware of any out of box FOSS tools. If you find it, please share it.

Regards,

Srinivas

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

Thanks & Regards

Rahul Gupta

May 21, 2020, 8:58:37 AM5/21/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hey Srini,

Best way to go about it is to register for a Twitter developer account and use the Twitter Data API.

Thanks & Regards-
Rahul Gupta

Sidharth

May 21, 2020, 8:58:38 AM5/21/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Ive done a similar project, and used Tweepy library in Python to scrape and then analyze sentiment and then display a simple live graph.

Check out this my github link and see if any code is useful for you.

My credit goes to pythonprogramming.net for having tutorials.

Take care.

Sid

Srinivas Karuturi

May 21, 2020, 2:35:43 PM5/21/20
to datameet
Thank you guys for all the feedback..

Regards,

Srinivas

Craig Dsouza

May 22, 2020, 2:10:23 AM5/22/20
to datameet
Hey all,
if i can piggyback on this question
how long does it typically take for the Twitter developer account to be approved?
I applied for one about 6 days ago , received one follow up mail and nothing after that

Best
Craig

--
Independent Researcher - Water Resources Management
Open Water Data Project

Sidharth

May 22, 2020, 9:09:27 AM5/22/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I could be due to Corona, the offices are in low capacity.

For me it was approved within hours.

Do let us know what happens.

Regards,
Sid

Craig Dsouza

May 26, 2020, 7:33:07 AM5/26/20
to datameet
It got approved! didn't get an email update though,
realized only when I visited dev.twitter.com

Srinivas Karuturi

May 26, 2020, 9:05:06 AM5/26/20
to datameet
I am waiting for approval after I sent them the entire business case and what we are trying to do with the data.

kracekumar ramaraju

May 30, 2020, 11:26:16 PM5/30/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I came across the tool, twint [0] which let's one to scrape twitter data without *developer API key*.

செவ்., 26 மே, 2020, பிற்பகல் 6:35 அன்று, Srinivas Karuturi <srini.k...@gmail.com> எழுதியது: