List of Police Stations in India

Sudarshan RSA

Jan 30, 2024, 4:11:50 PMJan 30
to datameet
Hi everyone,

I'm Sudarshan, a student of economics. For a research paper, I am looking for data on the location of all police stations across India. How do I go about gathering this? Ideally, I would like latitude and longitude for each. If I am to ping some api - which would be the best to ping?

Please help. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Sudarshan

Shiv Hastawala

Jan 30, 2024, 4:18:30 PMJan 30
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sudarshan

I haven't tried it out, but there are some guidelines given here:

Thanks and regards.

Yours sincerely

Shiv Hastawala

(He/His/Him)
Doctoral Student
Department of Economics
Binghamton University (State University of New York)

Zoom ID: 201 717 2613

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

sreeram kandimalla

Feb 1, 2024, 1:11:15 AMFeb 1
to data...@googlegroups.com
There is another source of this data from Survey of india.

Sudarshan RSA

Feb 5, 2024, 1:07:38 PMFeb 5
to datameet
Dear Shiv and Sreeram,

Thank you very much for your advice and the data. This has all been supremely helpful. May I also make one more request?

Is there any way to filter these police stations by when they were built? I'm particularly looking for police stations that were active until 2016 December (and not after). One way to do this would be to filter by when the entry was added into OpenStreetMaps or so  - but now sure how to do that. Do you know anything on this?

Many thanks again for your help.

sreeram kandimalla

Feb 6, 2024, 1:58:42 AMFeb 6
to data...@googlegroups.com
I suspect the data you are looking for will be hard to find. Maybe you will have some luck looking at NCRB resources.

Date of entry in OSM doesn't necessarily reflect the date of creation of the Police Station. Consider the fact that a lot of the Police Stations are currently not even entered in OSM.

Also, the Survey Of India data is likely from 2005.

Sudarshan RSA

Feb 12, 2024, 7:14:46 PMFeb 12
to data...@googlegroups.com
Thanks again, Sreeram. That is unfortunate. I will, however, try to see if I can find archival versions and make something out of them. If I succeed, will update here!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "datameet" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/datameet/CAMgvHC64jiFqMPcodL8Jr6o74Zufxy5CUFYd8n_QXku23%3Dh7_A%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Sincerely,
Sudarshan