Boundary data in regional languages

Shivangi Desai

Sep 24, 2022, 3:06:17 AM9/24/22
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hey All,

Have any of you had the need to show the boundary data (state, district, block, village etc) in regional language?
If so how did you go about it?
Did you need to translate it and store it in database or is there an android hack or some other way to show translated data on a phone application?

Thanks & Regards,
Shivangi

sreeram kandimalla

Sep 24, 2022, 8:43:52 AM9/24/22
to data...@googlegroups.com
Till subdistrict level, OSM + wikidata would be a good starting place for the database you are looking for. Past that.. I am not aware of any work in that direction.. someone needs to write one. Even till subdistrict level.. there will be entries with names missing in some languages.. using Google transliteration tools or ai4bharat transliteration tools might turn out helpful.

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

Shivangi Desai

Sep 25, 2022, 11:47:23 PM9/25/22
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hey Sreeram,

I got the boundary data from lgdirectory:- https://lgdirectory.gov.in/
But was just wondering about the conversion to local language.
Will try the Google transliteration tools or ai4bharat transliteration tools.

Thanks,
Shivangi

Devdatta Tengshe

Sep 26, 2022, 12:54:50 AM9/26/22
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shivangi,

I did not know that you can download the Boundaries from the lgd. Can you share how you did that?

Regards,
Devdatta

sreeram kandimalla

Sep 26, 2022, 6:57:20 AM9/26/22
to data...@googlegroups.com
LGD now has maps for some states.. the WMS layer powering it is scrapable.. i think.

Shivangi Desai

Sep 27, 2022, 3:52:36 AM9/27/22
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hey Devdatta,

So it has a link for downloading the data:-

Here you can choose what data you want and download it (either state wise or all states with particular information).

Regards,
Shivangi

Justin

Sep 29, 2022, 1:51:32 PM9/29/22
to datameet
You are only downloading tables from that link you shared right? Not actual vector geospatial data? Thanks!

Pravesh Biyani

Sep 29, 2022, 4:37:16 PM9/29/22
to data...@googlegroups.com
Dear All

I am Pravesh Biyani. I am an associate professor at IIIT Delhi and head the Centre for Sustainable Mobility too.  We have been working with the Delhi govt and specifically the transport department here since last many years.  One of the outputs of our work is the Open Transit Data for around 3000 buses of Delhi.  (https://otd.delhi.gov.in).

However, there are more than 7000 buses in Delhi.

We have created the static data (that is reasonably accurate now) and have been working with the vendor that installed GPS to collect the location data and putting the "routes" to these data points in real-time to form a complete data of buses.  Our system is now working and reasonably stable. However, not fully stable.

We would like to engage with the community to take this project forward, so that project runs successfully forever and in a community driven sense.

We also have funding to enable this.

I am looking forward to hearing from you on this and will be happy to demo and show case the stuff we have built.

Let me know your thoughts, and if needed, we can have a joint webinar/call to discuss the same.

Thanks
Pravesh

Shivangi Desai

Oct 2, 2022, 11:01:37 PM10/2/22
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

No, there is no geospatial vector data there.

Regards,
Shivangi

Devdatta Tengshe

Oct 22, 2022, 3:18:01 AM10/22/22
to data...@googlegroups.com, biy...@gmail.com
Hi Pravesh,
I have signed up for the API access to live data, but haven't heard back on when it would be activiated. Would you be able to tell us how long this activation step usually takes?

I couldn't figure out who to ask, so am asking it here.

Regards,
Devdatta

Pravesh Biyani

Oct 23, 2022, 3:24:24 PM10/23/22