SHRUG dataset

Shruti Menon

Oct 5, 2021, 10:33:21 PM10/5/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone here has used the SHRUG socio-economic dataset for India. If so, how to convert it to GIS-readable format? The data (available in .dta or .csv formats) is matched to GIS grids using IDs but I'm unable to find the data to match it to. Here is the link: https://www.devdatalab.org/shrug_download/ (login is required for download).

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Shruti Menon
ATREE, Bangalore

Paul Novosad

Oct 5, 2021, 11:13:22 PM10/5/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shruti,

When we released SHRUG, we didn't have open license GIS data for villages and towns, so it is not included. We are working on the next major release of SHRUG and it will have open GIS boundaries for all administrative units. Unfortunately it won't be out for another six months or so.

Paul

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

Shruti M

Oct 18, 2021, 8:46:45 AM10/18/21
to datameet
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update! Will be on the lookout for the next release.

Best,
Shruti