covid19 cases per district in every state

Anand Chitipothu

Apr 8, 2020, 8:15:47 AM4/8/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

At this rate of growth, soon the number of covid19 cases at each district will be similar to the numbers we are seeing for each state right now.

Has anyone archiving the number of cases per district in every state? I've noticed that covid19india.org has this data, but they are only exposing the latest data in their API. I'm not sure if they are archiving the daily numbers.

The states have been publishing the numbers and unless we archive them, we may lose that data permanently. Also, it is important to archive the original source.

Thej, would like to start archiving them in the datameet/covid19 repo? I can help with writing some code for the archival.

Anand

Thejesh GN

Apr 8, 2020, 8:20:16 AM4/8/20
to datameet
Let's do it. Have you done any preliminary work?

Regards,
Thej

Thejesh GN ⏚ ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್
http://thejeshgn.com

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

Anand Chitipothu

Apr 8, 2020, 8:22:07 AM4/8/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 5:50 PM Thejesh GN <i...@thejeshgn.com> wrote:
Let's do it. Have you done any preliminary work?

I've downloaded the files for AP, will start with other ones soon. The data is in PDFs. I think it is important to archive the PDFs first.

Anand

Thejesh GN

Apr 8, 2020, 8:36:59 AM4/8/20
to datameet
Here is the project

Can you check once. Aaditya had been doing it manually.  Can we automate it.

Regards,
Thej

Thejesh GN ⏚ ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್
http://thejeshgn.com
--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

Abhishek Upperwal

Apr 8, 2020, 9:24:24 AM4/8/20
to datameet
I have been aggregating district, state and India level data from the past ~2weeks. It's exposed through an API. Here: https://github.com/pravahio/go-mesh/wiki/COVID19-API

The data is scrapped from MoHFW's home page and district PDF.

Arun Ganesh

Apr 8, 2020, 8:22:35 PM4/8/20
to datameet
Wonderful Abhishek. What is the url endpoint if requests have to be made outside python?

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

Abhishek Upperwal

Apr 9, 2020, 7:59:29 AM4/9/20
to datameet
Hey Arun. One can use this guide: Direct COVID API Endpoint
Real-time stream is flowing through a decentralised network so the data is only available through the libraries.

On Wednesday, 8 April 2020 17:45:47 UTC+5:30, Anand Chitipothu wrote:
[...]

deepak srinivasan

Apr 9, 2020, 7:59:43 AM4/9/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
You can district wise data from covid19india.org's raw data API :https://api.covid19india.org/raw_data.json
But yes, you need to some processing post downloading the response

Besides, their data for Delhi does not seem to have district level info for most of the cases

regards

--
regards
deepak

Anand Chitipothu

Apr 9, 2020, 11:21:18 AM4/9/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 5:29 PM Abhishek Upperwal <a.upp...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Arun. One can use this guide: Direct COVID API Endpoint
Real-time stream is flowing through a decentralised network so the data is only available through the libraries.

Hi Abhishek,

This is interesting. What is the source of the data?

Anand

Abhishek Upperwal

Apr 9, 2020, 11:38:36 AM4/9/20
to datameet
India and State level data from MoHFW's homepage and district level data from the PDF which available on the same website.

Arun Ganesh

Apr 9, 2020, 11:08:30 PM4/9/20
to datameet
On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 7:59 AM deepak srinivasan <sdee...@gmail.com> wrote:
You can district wise data from covid19india.org's raw data API :https://api.covid19india.org/raw_data.json
But yes, you need to some processing post downloading the response

Besides, their data for Delhi does not seem to have district level info for most of the cases

Wow, the API and the whole codebase is impressive. Wonderful work!