Food Security data - Public Distribution System

Prk

Apr 17, 2020, 8:53:51 AM4/17/20
to datameet
Hi,

Does anyone know of a source to find the food distribution done under PDS - district wise location, amount distributed etc?

Thank you
Regards,
Purnima

Anubhav Aggarwal

Apr 27, 2020, 9:25:26 AM4/27/20
to datameet
findmybank.gov.in has GIS of PDS stores.

Also Jaano App

Prabhakar Rajagopal

Apr 28, 2020, 7:05:29 AM4/28/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
Nice PDS location data.

Is the PDS with location available as open data somewhere?

Prabhakar

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

Prk

Apr 28, 2020, 8:35:40 AM4/28/20
to datameet

Hi,

I came across a paper which used PDS data from the Bulletin on Food Statistics, Ministry of Food and Agriculture, Directorate of Economics and Statistics, Government of India. However, I have been unable to locate this bulletin so far.

In case I get further, I will post here again. Alternatively, if anyone has come across this bulletin, I would appreciate if you could share the location.

Regards,

Purnima

On Friday, 17 April 2020 18:23:51 UTC+5:30, Prk wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know of a source to find the food distribution done under PDS - district wise location, amount distributed etc?

Thank you
Regards,
Purnima

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

Daniel Singh

Apr 28, 2020, 9:19:29 AM4/28/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Purnima,

are you looking for the monthly bulletins?

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/datameet/cfbdc40e-80d3-4b6e-9bf2-7b068cd0c864%40googlegroups.com.

Prk

Apr 29, 2020, 10:54:03 AM4/29/20
to datameet
Hi Daniel,

Thank you for this.

This bulletin does not mention distributed amount explicitly but it does mention Allocation and off take by states. I may be wrong but I think offtake is indeed what is distributed by the government. I will recheck this nonetheless.

The online reports do go back till 2009. I am working on a dataset currently but I will start putting them in excel afterwards.
In case you or anyone else already have it, it would be great to share with all.

Thanks
Regards,
Purnima

Daniel Singh

Apr 29, 2020, 10:56:07 AM4/29/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Purnima,

sure if i come across anything else will share it here for all.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/datameet/2e543205-8bfc-4bad-8c88-e62092ea1d85%40googlegroups.com.

Sanjay Barnwal

Apr 30, 2020, 9:09:40 AM4/30/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
Please see this link. It contains Statewise PDS Stores.

Regards,

Sanjay

Sanjay Barnwal