Help with reading COVID data in R software

Nishmeet Singh

Jun 3, 2020, 7:17:24 AM6/3/20
to datameet
Hi everyone

I am trying to reproduce some basic graphs on COVID using json files in R but it gives me an error. Has anyone opened these files in R or are the COVID files available in csv?

Thanks
Nishmeet

Thejesh GN

Jun 3, 2020, 9:15:21 AM6/3/20
to datameet
Which files are you talking about?

Regards,
Thej

Thejesh GN ⏚ ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್
http://thejeshgn.com

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

Karthik Shashidhar

Jun 3, 2020, 9:40:12 PM6/3/20
to datameet
If you're talking about the data from covid19india.org, they give a csv as well.

I have a daily script running that takes the raw data from their API and then I put out some graphs. An older version of the code is here. The first few lines should help you.

Nishmeet Singh

Jun 4, 2020, 8:16:26 AM6/4/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thej

Sorry for the lack of clarification. I am talking about the Json files in the datameet  github folder on COVID.

Natasha kalra

Jun 4, 2020, 8:20:47 AM6/4/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone

Is there any data related to COVID related bio-medical waste generated in India or globally?

Thanks in advance
Natasha

deepak srinivasan

Jun 4, 2020, 9:57:02 AM6/4/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nishmeet

Can you tell how are you trying to access the JSON files ?
Have you checked out the repository to your laptop/PC or are you directly trying to access from web

In case you are directly trying to access it from web, you may have to use the Raw format.

I just tried to read all_totals.json and it worked just fine in R

regards
deepak

--
regards