IT Rules

Thejesh GN

Jun 10, 2021, 3:47:48 AM6/10/21
to datameet
Friends,

Our friends at Hasgeek are doing a survey.  I think it's highly relevant for all of us. Please participate.

_

Privacy Mode and Hasgeek are conducting a survey with developers about their awareness and opinion about the IT Rules. As a developer or someone who runs a community, do you view these Rules as impacting your work? Do you have concerns/questions about these Rules and other government policies?

Take the survey from

The survey will take 5-8 minutes to complete.

Nikhil VJ

Jun 11, 2021, 2:00:18 AM6/11/21
to datameet
Hi,

Can we get links to the actual text of the rules, any detailed explanation to them? Better to be informed by source than by media one-liners.

--
Cheers,
Nikhil VJ

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

Zainab Bawa

Jun 11, 2021, 10:21:17 PM6/11/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hello Nikhil,

The IT Rules - as notified by the government - are published here - http://egazette.nic.in/WriteReadData/2021/225464.pdf

My colleagues at Privacy Mode published a study with SSMIs and practitioners about the costs of compliance under the IT Rules, and the impact on freedom of speech here - https://hasgeek.com/PrivacyMode/it-rules-il-guidelines-2021/sub/it-rules-2021-intermediary-guidelines-concerns-and-7swxnPZrCPooJUdLPPqz2u

There is also a compendium on the debates around encryption on https://hasgeek.com/PrivacyMode/it-rules-il-guidelines-2021/sub
It includes a detailed talk by Prof. Matthew Green on the technology and Policy debates on encryption globally, with references to India.

Regards,

Zainab

Zainab Bawa

Jun 11, 2021, 10:22:51 PM6/11/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing the survey Thej. Look forward to participation and responses from t
Datameet members.

Regards,

Zainab

Zainab Bawa

Jun 21, 2021, 2:18:12 AM6/21/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hello Datameet community,

Bumping this up.

Are you aware of the new IT Rules - Guidelines for Intermediaries and Digital Media Ethics Code - issued by MEITY and the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting in February 2021?

Privacy Mode is conducting a survey with developers about their awareness and opinion about the IT Rules. As a developer, do you view these Rules as impacting your work?
Read more about the IT Rules - and how they will impact the operations in your organization at https://hasgeek.com/PrivacyMode/it-rules-il-guidelines-2021/sub/it-rules-2021-intermediary-guidelines-concerns-and-7swxnPZrCPooJUdLPPqz2u

Regards,

Zainab