Get Smart Route to Avoid Containment Zone

Souvik Sankar Mitra

May 13, 2020, 2:59:05 AM5/13/20
to datameet
I have developed a smart navigation application to avoid containment zone. It gives a safe route between source and destination which does not go through any containment zone. Till now it only available for Kolkata and Howrah but it can be implemented for other cities also.

You can check it here - http://shampa.covidrespons.in/
For more information you can check out this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtUaCDmJV_M

Hope you like it.
Thank you.

Souvik Sankar Mitra
M.Tech (Geoinformatics) , Indian Institute of Remote Sensing

Nikhil VJ

May 17, 2020, 1:56:42 AM5/17/20
to datameet
Hi Souvik,

Good work!

Suggestion on UI end: can you find a way to capture clicks or right-clicks on the map and let the user add to/from addresses that way, other than typing?
That might also save on place api usage.

I've made custom context menus / click-to-pin feature in Leaflet maps, not sure how its done in google maps but I've seen such implementations elsewhere.

Another for-later suggestion: Is your routing running on google's api or other? If other, then it might be a good bet to change the ui to leaflet and avoid google's usage costs that hit when visitor count increases.

--
Cheers,
Nikhil VJ

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

Souvik Sankar Mitra

May 17, 2020, 11:05:53 AM5/17/20
to datameet
Thank you very much for your advice sir. I will try to implement of getting location by clicking. Actually sir I use Google's Direction API here. But I can try to implement it using open source routing.
Thank you for the Stack Overflow link sir. It will help me..

With regards ,
Souvik Sankar Mitra
M.Tech(Geoinformatics) , Indian Institute of Remote Sensing
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to data...@googlegroups.com.

mohit K

Jul 4, 2020, 10:20:33 AM7/4/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

Is there a place I can get Bangalore containment zones data?

Appreciate your help.

Mohit

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/datameet/fb9b81da-98d0-4b05-9561-0084f6ce7a4f%40googlegroups.com.

Abhishek

Jul 4, 2020, 12:54:52 PM7/4/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hey Mohit,
You can get the updated data from BBMP's dashboard

--header 'Authorization: Bearer 3a9d616a-5db2-3f0d-a2b6-5e2dd06a4037' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--data-raw '{}'

Cheers
-Abhishek

Ark Arjun